Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hey hey everybody! Hope you all are enjoying your Wednesday, whether it be hump day for you, or comic day, or even just a day to sit back and chill with a hot cup of something, or a cold cup of something. Either way, I hope it's all working out for you. I am going to give you a little something now to help make this day a good one for you ..... a new Shoofly.





Ok, so what do we all think of Sasha's new hairdo? Now the reason I changed her hair, well there were two reasons. One was that I thought it would be good for the story, I mean a girl meets a guy, goes on a date with him, she is gonna wanna look here best. Two was that I thought it would be easier in helping me with the shape of her face, as I would always know how to do the cheek, and little things like that. The only downside so far, is it seems to have made much more work for me.... oh well.

Ok lets dig into that mail bag and see what we got for today.


Dear DVid,



Thanks for bringing back Not @ All, I really like that one, it kind of reminds me of the Far Side a bit. Are there any other ideas that we might see in the future?

-Jake


Well Jake, I am glad you like Not @ All, I like it to. It is a great strip for me to place ideas that just don't make sense anywhere else. I too loved the Far Side, and despite the fact that everyone says you should hype yourself up to be the best in the world, I am no Gary Larson. Far Side was a comic that just had a special kind of magic to it, and I wish I had what he did. As for the other part of your letter, yes, there will be stuff showing up here in the future. Like I said before, Shoofly was a way for me to do a comic, but also learn how to do a comic. But a unknown until now fact, Shoofly is also a prequel to two ideas that I have coming up in the future. I will share more about that as the time grows near for them.


Well gang, lets go ahead and call it a day, I will let you get back to your regularly scheduled routine of choice. Check back tomorrow again for more Shoofly.

-DVid