Thursday, December 6, 2012

And a good Thursday to you all out there. A wonderful welcome to all the returning people, and a special thank you, for all the new comers. Well let's get right into the reason you are here.... Shoofly.





I forgot to bring up yesterday the introduction of our new character, the love interest as Marty calls him. I brought him in for a couple of reasons, one because I wrote myself into a corner with the giant cockroach. At first I liked the idea of the a giant cockroach, but then I was not too please with the way he turned out, and also thought that I had too many giant animals as it is right now. So I brought in the exterminator to take care of it. Then I thought it would be a cool idea to have Sasha fall for him, which would give me to opportunity to turn this into more then just a joke a day kind of comic strip. I could add a bit more depth with my stories. It is something that I hope everyone will like as much I am I liking the idea.

Alright let us crack open the old mail bag and see what we can find.


Dear DVid,

I like the new look of Shoofly, it has a bit of a 
comic book feel to it now. I remember you saying 
that you were a comic book fan and that you were 
inspired by comic book artists. What are some of your 
favorite comics and who are some of your favorite talents?

-Carl


Hey thanks Carl, and by the way you share the same name as one of my favorite under used Simpson characters. I am glad that you took the time to write, and I like that you are feeling the new look to the strip. I love it myself, it gives me alot more freedom with the panels and makes things super simple to draw now. Which is funny to me, that three panel strip was harder to do then a comic book style strip. As far as some of my favorite comics and such, I just finished up Jonathan Hickman's run on Fantastic Four, which I loved. I am also reading, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Batman, Wolverine and the X-Men, The Walking Dead, Invincible, and anything I can find by James Robinson. There are so many writers and artists I am fans of that it is hard to name them all so I will just name a few here. I love the works of Darwyn Cooke, Alan Moore, Todd Nauck, Mike Wieringo, Jeff Smith, James Robinson, Peter David, Mark Waid, Scott McDaniel, Sam Keith, and of course Will Eisner and the king Jack Kirby.


Well folks, that is going to do it for today, thanks again for dropping by and I will see you all back again tomorrow.

-DVid