Thursday, November 22, 2012

 
Well it is here everyone, and let me just say, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far. My day has started out pretty good so far. Getting up and start cooking, then watching a bit of the parade, before realizing that I am not that big on parades, and instead watching a bunch of movies and holiday specials. Munching on snacks as the smell of cooking turkey and other goodies fill the air.

Well lets get on with the real reason you all came here, holiday cartoons and fun. First up is the star of this little blog, Shoofly.



 
Next I have a couple fan letter to share and answer.

Dear DVid,

Happy Thanksgiving in advance. I love your drawings and was
wondering if there is any chance I could get some of them on a
T-Shirt or something? It would be really cool if there was.

- Byron


Well Byron, a Happy Thanksgiving back at ya. I am glad that you like my art, it is always nice to have fans. As for T-Shirts and other great merchandise, yes there will be some stuff coming up soon. I am working on building a store for those out there who would like to own things with my art on it.




Dear DVid,

What happened man!?! The art on Not @ All was
sooo much better, why is it not like that with Shoofly?
Is there another artist doing this? Or was there another
one with Not? I am so confused right now!!

- Matt


Wow Matt, you really are confused. Nope, I am still doing all of the art on here, for one it is my site and I have to do all the work, and besides that I am too cheap to outsource my art. But the whole reason the art is so different is because I am still getting used to doing a five day a week cartoon. Plus I am still finding my style. Take for instance today's cartoon, it was the best I was able to do at the time of drawing it, as I seem to be getting better with every cartoon I draw. The things I am doing now for the future stuff is really good, or at least I like to think they are.


Ok, now here is a little Thanksgiving poem I did for you folks, enjoy.

Thanksgiving together

Early to rise,
mom gets outta bed,
heading to the kitchen,
like the walking dead,
She begins to prep,
scanning her book,
and getting ingredients,
so she can cook,
All the while,
she slaves away,
to get things ready,
for Thanksgiving day,
As time goes on,
the others awaken,
to the delicious smell,
of the turkey a baken,
Pop sits in his chair,
with the parade on the tube,
sipping a beer,
like a lazy boob,
The kids huddle around the set,
eyes glued to the show,
looking at all the balloons,
hoping for someone they know,
Sometime after noon,
the door bell will ring,
with the promise of in laws,
who will complain about everything,
They all sit at the table,
with a sigh and a grumble,
awaiting the food,
and a turkey day rumble,
Dinner is served,
but please no touching,
for first we pray,
before we start munching,
We reach for our tools,
and get to cracking,
taking in turkey,
with are lips a smacking,
After stuffing our faces,
and filling our bellies,
with white meat and stuffing,
pies and cranberry jellies,
Now comes the time,
when the adults start to drink,
spouting off at the mouth,
speaking before they think,
Pop begins to yell,
as the in laws criticize,
the kids watch TV,
as mom sniffles and cries,
But its all done in love,
no one really means it,
just venting their feelings,
and working out the bull spit,
The family hugs it out,
and the in laws take their leave,
as the kids hit the hay,
mom and pop sigh with relieve,
They to go off to bed,
their minds swarming,
as the prepare for whats next,
shopping in the morning.


And to finish things off, here is a Thanksgiving pin up drawing.





 

Ok folks that is going to do it for today, hope you all had as much fun as I did. Check in tomorrow for more cartoons and things, until then, take care folks.

-DVid