Thursday, November 15, 2012



Thursday is here fans, and with it comes another Shoofly comic, go ahead and smile, I know you wanna. Today's strip is the introduction of the other new main character for the comic. I'm not sure where the idea for Manny the giant rat came from, it just sorta popped in there. Animals seem to be a bit easier for me to draw some times, and rats and flies are the easiest of them all.

Well I have written a number of these, and as much as I want to say they are getting easier, they really are not. It can be hard to sit here and find something to write about, which is really funny as besides being a cartoonist, I also want to be a writer. I like to mess around with poetry, short stories, and I have note books filled with ideas for comic books and novels. Yet I still have so much trouble putting down words to paper, or a computer screen as it were.

Alright folks, thats going to do it for today, hope you all had as much fun as I did. Now don't you forget to comeback again tomorrow for the last cartoon of the week. See you then fans.

-DVid