Monday, November 19, 2012



Welcome back gang, and a happy Monday to you all. I hope everyone out there had a good weekend, and I hope you are all ready for Thanksgiving this week, as well as more Shoofly. I have been working away this weekend to get things ready for the future of this little blog. There is some interesting things coming along here in the near future, and I hope you are all as excited as I am by them. One little thing I can reveal now, is that I am turning of the comments on the blog. Instead of doing comments like every other site out there, I thought it would be more fun to go old school, and do fan letters, which I will respond to them if I can. So click on the email address and send me your thoughts, comments, and whatever else is on your mind, just make sure to keep it kind of clean or I will not print them.

And now on to another note, Thanksgiving. Yep, it is almost her folks, that wonderful gathering of family, where we sit around a table loaded with too much food to feed an army. We stuff ourselves with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, all the while making sure to save room for some pumpkin pie, or my favorite, pecan pie. Hmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it all now. Thanksgiving is one of those holidays, to me at least, where it means little or nothing to me until it finally comes. I was never that big on it, mainly because the past few years I always had to work on it, and working on Thanksgiving is an unforgivable sin. Those money grubbing companies out there now want so much money that I will make others take time away from family and food, all in the attempt to go from millionaires to multimillionaires. That last two years I have been out of work, laid off because I liked to speak my mind and because I looked out for friends I worked with. So I have had the past two Thanksgivings off, and was able to enjoy them again the way I liked to. So I feel for those out there that have to work this holiday season, and that is why I do not shop on any holiday. If we stopped shopping, they would have to close the stores, and people could be home for the holidays again.

Well I will get down off my soap box now and bid you all a good day, and remind you to come back again tomorrow for more Shoofly and maybe a little less soap box lectures. Until then take care folks.

-DVid