Thursday, November 29, 2012

Welcome back everyone, on this, the last Thursday of the month. Only one day left now until we are in the final month of the year 2012. As it always seems to, this year has gone by in the blink of an eye. So with out any further adieu, here is today's edition of Shoofly....




Yesterday I made mention of a surprise I had in store for everyone. Well that surprise is going to be coming up this weekend. I have built up enough of a stock pile of cartoons, and have gotten fast enough, I think at least, that I am going to expand from five days a week, to seven days a week. It will start with Not @ All returning on Saturdays. Then on Sundays, it will vary from different pinups, to poetry, and whatever else I dream up and decide to put up on here. Starting this weekend, the beginning of December, we will kick things off with Christmas themed Not @ All cartoons and pinups.

Well I got time for one fan letter today, so lets get to it.

Dear DVid,

Who were your influences and where did you learn to draw?

- Kevin


Well Kevin, I have given a few of my influences on here in the past, but in case you missed them I will give brief run down of them again. Jim Davis was a huge one for me, as Garfield was the first comic strip I remember ever looking at. Later I got into The Far Side, Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes, and such. When I got into comics there were alot of great artists and books that also inspired me to pick up the pencil. Learning to draw was great as I had alot of wonderful books that have helped me along the way. The fact is, I still look at them for help every now and then. The big one for me is a guy named Christopher Hart. He puts out a butt load of books on how to draw, and for some reason his books seemed to help me out the best. So he is the guy I like to recommend to people who are looking to learn how to draw. I have others as well, but I don't wanna ramble too much.

Well that will do it for today gang, check in again tomorrow for more Shoofly and more of my nonsense. Until then, take care.

-DVid