Monday, November 26, 2012

The bird carcass has been picked clean, leave nothing but a skeleton. Are bellies are full of a whole weekend of turkey and leftovers. The families have all gone their separate ways, at least for a month. And are bodies are slowly recovering from the toll of being shoved and stabbed at the big day after sales. Now we try and get back to the same ol' same ol' of our lives during this holiday season. And with all of that being said, I welcome you all back to my humble little corner of the net. Let us first get the main reason you are here out of the way. Ladies and gentlemen, the Monday edition of Shoofly....




As you may have noticed, things look a bit different this week with Shoofly. Well that is because I have started to find my style a little bit. I like the style of the panels here, they feel more natural to me, and I think that is because of my comic book up bringing. I know it is no secret that I have grown up on a steady diet of comic books, and have studied all of the greats. All I ever wanted growing up was to draw comics books, working at either Marvel or DC. Well things did not work out that way, not to say I am not happy with the work I am doing with my own characters. But doing traditional style comic strips did not seem to work well with me, and seemed kind of pointless on the net. So I am going back to the comic book style. Also I added something else new that seemed to work for me, black and white water color. Since I don't do alot of heavy blacks in my inking, which I can not do in time to put the strip up on a schedule I have for it, I thought adding some B&W water color would be kind of cool. I like it, and am hoping that it works for the rest of you out there.

Alright gang, that is going to do it for this Monday, thanks for stopping by and checking in. Tomorrow I got more Shoofly and a few fan letters to answer as well. So be sure to check it out, and I will see you then. Take care folks.

-DVid