Monday, August 6, 2012

Matches



I would like to start this blog off right by welcoming you all here and saying thanks for stopping by. Here on DVid's World I am going to be posting a webcomic I came up with called Not @ All, this little strip is a way for me to get my work out there and seen by the wide wonderful world, as well as learn how to get better at the whole art process and keep deadlines. I will be posting new material every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Each toon will come with a special dedication to someone who had either helped me along the way or inspired me to reach for my dreams.

This first toon is one I did awhile back, I cleaned it up a bit and slapped a Not @ All logo on there. Now I am not going to make excuse for my art, I have loved everything I have done, but I do recognize that my early work is not up to my current skill set. But I still like those early ones, that is why I am showing them to you.

I had to think long and hard about who would get the first dedication. In the end there was only one way to go with this, and it is a pretty obvious one at that. So this one here is dedicated to my entire family, the ones I live with, the ones I hardly ever see, and the ones that are no longer with us. Thanks for the support and not calling me a bum, at least not to my face.

Also I want to give credit where credit is do. The lettering for the DVid's World banner up there was provided through a nice little sight called dafont.com. The font is called "Batman beat the hell out of me" and was created by grilledcheese. Go check the site for lots of cool fonts and check out grilled's work.



Now as Porky Pig says, that's all folks!. See ya on Wednesday.