Wednesday, August 22, 2012




Holy moly fans and fannettes! You all know what day it is? Uh... no it's Wednesday, but a good guess anyways. That is what happens when your main fan base is stoners and mental patients. Now I don't know about you, but today feels like a wonderful day for a cartoon. I know I am ready to toss one up here on this blog, but the question is are you ready to see one? Well I am going to hope you all said yes, because if not I am going to feel mighty silly putting one up then. Today's toon is not so much a joke as it is just a funny looking drawing with a kid and a his pet cat. I will explain in more detail why I chose this particular toon in my dedication. But first some news and thoughts for you. So I have been messing around with a story in which one such as yourself could by nifty DVid merchandise of some kind. When I have all the bugs worked out I will put it up and then you can see what you think of it. Also there will be some more new experimental things coming your way in the near future, some of them may be in art form and some may not. I will keep you all posted when the time gets closer to both of these wonderful things, well maybe not you two in the back who have been making fart noises and snickering during this whole thing.

And now for the dedication of the day. Today's toon is dedicated to the memory of the man who helped inspire me to want to do cartoons... Chuck Jones! This whole toon was the result of me reading and admiring one of the man's wonderful books about his life in animation. You may notice the cat there, yes that one, bares a striking resemblance to the one and only Sylvester (the cat not the actor). On a side note, the cat also bares a some what resemblance to my once best and only pet Tabby, yes I know it is a lazy name but I loved it anyways. So I guess you could say this might be a double dedication, to Mr. Jones, and Mr. Tabby. Both are no longer with us, both had great impacts on my simple life, and both are sadly missed to this day.

And on that note, I will leave you to wonder why you are compelled to comeback and enjoy my odd sense of humor and even odder sense of art. See you all bright and early on Friday for the end of the week toon. Take care, be fair, and remember to share.

-DVid