Monday, October 1, 2012







Happy Monday everyone, and welcome to the first day of October. Like I said yesterday I am going to try and make this month a themed month of all ghosts, goblins, monsters, and other scary things done in a funny way. October is my favorite month of the year, really kicking off the whole Fall thing as the weather starts to get cooler, the leaves really start to change, and SyFy channel does their thirty one days of Halloween, which is my all time favorite holiday.

So I said I was going to cut back on the dedications so as not to burn through them too fast. Well I was going to need something else to do to replace them so that this written part is not too short, and for this month I am going to talk about the subject of cartoon.

Today's subject is the king of monster .... Godzilla! I wish I could tell you that I remember what my first Godzilla movie was, but the truth is I have no clue which one it was that introduced me to the big G. I do remember the first one I saw on the big screen, which was Godzilla 1985, or Godzilla Returns to us G heads. Watching this giant radioactive fire breathing reptile smashing a city as child really made a impression on me and started the love of men in rubber suits play fighting and stepping on model cities. The great thing about the Godzilla series of films, is that they are not just fun cheesy movies about guys in rubber suits, there are a few that are just very good movies. The original Japanese film Gojira, is a classic movie that never seems to get the respect it deserves. Gojira is a movie that deals with a tragic love triangle and the weight of one man having to choosing between sharing his weapon of mass destruction with the world, or hiding it from the world in fear of what it could become. All of this is there while a giant monster destroys the city killing millions. Godzilla has given me alot of joy through the years.

Well that will do it for today people, I will see you again on Wednesday for another fine edition of Not @ All, and hopefully another monster themed cartoon. So take care and I'll see ya soon.

-DVid