Friday, October 19, 2012

Your walking down an eerie street, there is no one around, no signs of life. Just the empty street and wind that blows the creepy cool wind and random objects around the street. Suddenly there is some movement in the distance, a slow shuffling, a low moan and grumble. As is draws closer you see it to me the remains of a this weeks Wednesday Not @ All cartoon.







Today's topic is the zombie, the darling of the horror genre right now. I was not too familiar with zombies for a long time, just not that into them. It was the Robert Kirkman comic book, The Walking Dead, that first really got me into the whole zombie thing. Later on I went back and watched the Romero zombie films, which really impressed me and showed me how cool these creatures were. The more and more zombie films I took in the more I became fans of them, but I also noticed that I did not like the fast zombies, with the exception of the zombie like creatures of the 28 Days films. The comic book that started my fascination with zombies has now become a TV on AMC, and to me, is currently the best zombies being done. The Walking Dead shows us the world during the zombie apocalypse, and what it would be like to live there and try to survive there.

Well folks, that is going to do it for the week. Enjoy your weekend, and remember to be back here on Monday for a brand new cartoon. Until then take care, and I will see you all again real soon.

-DVid