Monday, October 8, 2012

From the depths of the darkest places on the face of this earth comes the one thing that all man fears.... the dreaded Monday! It is the beginning of a brand new work week for most of you, and I know that puts a fear that grips your heart like the icy grip of the reaper himself. But have no fear gentle followers, for I have here something that will make this Monday a little less bleak. Behold! A brand new Halloween themed Not @ All cartoon!






Today's cartoon stars two of my favorite non Japanese monsters, the wolfman and Frankenstein's monster. The origins of my love for both of these monsters all starts with the Universal pictures, but oddly enough it was not the original ones. Even though I did see the old monster movies, it was with a little movie called Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein. I used to rent this movie from a little neighborhood video store as often as I could. This later turned to a love of the original movies as well as other great films, and even some crappy ones, that started the creature and werewolves. A few years ago I finally sat down to read the novel Frankenstein. Mary Shelley's vision was a dark and wonderful masterpiece that soon became my favorite story of all time, even though I still loved the Universal film with Boris Karloff, it was Shelly's tragic monster and his creator that stole my heart. Even as I write this and prepare for this weeks cartoons, I am starting to reread the book again for the month of October as part of my month long horrorfest. Now with the wolfman, I have tried to find many good books about werewolves, but have found very few with the exception of a collection of wonderful short stories and of course the one that Stephan King wrote ( Cycle of the Werewolf ). Good werewolf movies are also very hard to find, I can only think of a few, American Werewolf in London and the new Wolfman topping the charts ( the Universals need no mention as they are automatic classics ). A world without Frankenstein or werewolves, is truly a world in which I would not want to live in.

Well that's gonna do it for today folks. Hope this made you Monday a little easier to deal with. Don't forget to check back on Wednesday for the middle of the week cartoon, and to see if I am able to keep the Halloween theme going. Until then, take it easy, and I'll see you all real soon.

-DVid