Wednesday, October 3, 2012







A good Wednesday to you all. Here we are yet again, with another Not @ All cartoon for you to hopefully enjoy. So far I have been able to keep the theme of Halloween up, with this, kinda oldie but still goody. I wasn't sure if I was ever going to post this one, mainly because I like the newer stuff I have been doing more, where I sketch it out on paper then do the inks and colors on the computer. But I still needed to buy more time as it is very difficult to come up with funny jokes that revolve around a theme, at least to me it is since I am still new to world of comic strips. Jokes for a continuing story I seem to get, but the whole single panel joke is still a difficult one.

Well today we have a vampire and a werewolf, and I will punch the first person who even thinks of Twilight. I was never much of a vampire fan growing up, but have grown in appreciation of them as of late. My big things have always been werewolves, and of course Frankenstein's monster. But the whole vampire thing started to get to me more and more, first really grabbing my attention as I became a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel. Got into those shows during reruns, and they kind of warmed me up to vampires. Then one October, during my month long horrorfest, I started watching a bunch of movies about Dracula, even made a few attempts to read the book. Dracula grew on me, more and more, and vampires started seem much cooler to me if done the right way. Of course Twilight came along and cut the nuts from the creatures, but they still remained cool. Any monster that can survive an influx of teenage girls and absence of the danger and horror that made them what they were, are strong monsters.

Well that will do it for today, and I hope to see you here again on Friday, for the final joke of the week. Keep your fingers crossed that I can keep up the Halloween theme, because this is kind of fun. Take care folks and I'll see ya all real soon.

-DVid